Thursday, September 27, 2007

In the country side

Everyone! We are staying in a very nice area in the country side, the city is called Kitakata. I (Cecile or as they say here "Seshiru") am staying in a farm; the family is absolutely wonderful and I get to take care of the chickens in the morning, eat fresh eggs and perfectly organic vegetables from the garden. The pace in this city is very different from the one before and it is perfect, it feels like a break, we are enjoying our time very very much all together though. Tonight will be the 3rd time we will be doing our presentation in Japanese and we are becoming quiet pros with our pronunciation.
We have seen so much we can't believe there is still 3 weeks left.
We miss you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cecile, Just caught up with your blog... EXCELLENT... have been busy here... Sam has been in his apartment for TWO weeks now! Jenny and Kathleen both had birthdays in the last week. Faye and Marge were at Saturday training today. That's the news from Tucson.
I loved seeing you in a kimona... I have one too so we will have to dress for some occasion when you return. The luxury hotel was awesome and the view from the host family's house was very nice too. I have the same "don't feed the monkeys" sign. I will continue to read and keep in touch. WOW... I am proud of you to give presentations in Japanese! Continue the fun and writing. Hi to Mike and others. patti =-)

Anonymous said...

I also just caught up. I laughed a lot ... the natto, the hot springs, trying on the tiny blouse ... and the grasshopper snacks. And thanks so much for making me famous in Fukushima. I'm very pleased that the presentations went well. I knew you would all do great. Keep safe and well and continue having a great time. Yosei