Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Rome this is for you (by Seshiru)

This one was at the entrance of the samourai village in Aizuwakamatsu

Rome, I am sorry but I am not sure we went to the Taiko shop you said. However one day we were driving and suddenly I saw a Taiko shop in Aizu. So I screamed to the driver to stop so that I could take pictures.
I am also putting pictures of other "drums" (pardon me if I am not using the proper word), that we saw in front of shrines and temples and even close to a samourai village.


4 comments:

Tucsonann said...

Seshiru,

I love the blog. The photos are wonderful and the stories great to read.

Does anyone know why the call the goats "sorrow"?

Does Rome play drums?

A Frog In Az said...

Who wrote this comment? It only says Tucsonann but no other name, that makes it difficult to guess and there is no signature.
We don't know why they call the goats sorrow (it was the translation that the japanese found in the dictionnary for us).
And Yes Rome plays Taiko and we saw a wonderful show with all her group in Tucson.
Rome by the way, how did your sept. 22nd Taiko show go? Wasn't it a big one where you had to be the big director?
Cecile

Anonymous said...

Hi GSE'ers!

Wow, cool pix! Thanks, Cecile! Have you guys gotten to play any taiko yet?

The show on the 22nd went VERY well. The audience gave us a standing ovation! It was a lot of fun-- I'm (mostly) glad I stayed for it.

Keep having fun!!

Rome

kin-kin said...

A comment by a person at the local spot
About "goat or sorrow"

The animal that you are talking about is neither "Goat" nor "Sorrow ". Its correct name is "Serow " (Japanese serow).We call it "Nihonkamoshika".
This is a comment from the local spot. <(_ _)>

kin-kin